Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bangalore and Kumbakonam

This last week had been really eventful, Thursday and Friday at Bengaluru; Sunday and Monday in and around Kumbakonam with my family.

Missed the first leg of our first ever Semifinal; me being a faithful Gooner. But Arsenal as always comes second in my life, because they perform so much better when I'm with my first choice. [:D]

So met her on Thursday and suthyified like never before. Bengaluru didn't have a hip place that wasn't not touched by us; a lil exaggeration here, but what the hell!!

She showed me her Summers stuff, the Pantaloon biggies. Made me wait too, a full 3 hrs at Big Bazaar; to think that I cannot make her wait even for 5 minutes. If I do, it would turn out into a major fight and I would have to win my girl back for the nth time. No complains there though, winning Lavi back is a pleasure.

Thursday night was at taika, (wish Chennai had a place like this) the place had everything one can want, warm cushioned seats, good music, an excellent menu, a good ‘empty’ dance floor (even blore isn’t hip enough for a Thursday I guess) and the list goes on.

But surprise surprise the place like emptied out completely at 11, except for a few firaangiis.

Friday was a load of shopping along with a movie at PVR. Lavi wanted to see only one of two movies; Ice Age 2 or Zathura. Our last movie was ‘Narnia’, so you can kinda know her tastes in movies. Any movie has to contain cartoon characters that speak and do all other kinds of supposedly “cute” stuff. I can’t complain because I enjoyed every bit of Ice Age 2 myself. A hilarious movie and worth the 300 bucks for two (300 sounds like robbery compared to Satyam here).

I’m leaving a lot of details untold here, but I feel its better that way, a few things should be private yaar.

So came back to Chennai in Satabdi on Saturday morning. Slept through the whole journey and the service man had to wake me up each time for food.

Back in Chennai and was getting ready to leave for Kumbakonam that night; but another appointment came up before that.

An XIMB informal meet at Amethyst. A senior doing his Summers at TCS was present too and there was good insight about the institute. So if I do land up there (which seems highly probable) it won’t be all that bad.

Saturday night from Tambaram reached us early Sunday morning at Mayiladudurai. Kumbakonam was reached by bus from there, it took an hour.

Our plan was the Nine main Navagraha temples. It had been a long time since my family took a trip together. We’ve always had trouble finding time to get away from Chennai for a while. And I too had grown out of my not too mature “don’t wanna be seen with parents-embarrassment” from college (yea it had been around 2 years since we have gone out on a proper vacation). Now I’m cool enough with them. [:P]

So here are the snaps. There are too many details, so I’ll let the snaps speak for themselves. We visited 5 of the nine on the first day and completed the remaining on Monday. We also saw around five extra temples.

Kumbakonam and around is literally filled with temples. Every street has a temple, and not just a small one; each one is humongous.



















5 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Batty said...

Machan oru picture la yaanaya parthen onna paarthen vithyasame therillada.....:)..Neways good luc with XIMB...good luc with HER....gud luc with everything....

 
At 8:19 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Prahlad(Peggy) Krishnamurthi said...

If u notice I actually become really small in front of the elepahnt..[:D]

Enna good luck la solli scene podaraei!!
Thanks machi..

 
At 10:00 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Batty said...

check out my blog. Its updated with a master piece..or so I refer to it...

 
At 12:28 PM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish u were with me sweetie... miss u

 
At 12:34 PM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your thoppai is very prominent in the snap here da...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home