Monday, March 27, 2006

An Eventful Sunday

Yesterday evening was packed with different emotions. It started with an awesome surprise. I was given a very warm surprise b'day party from my dear friends; Anupam, Nisha, Satheesh and Vineet. It was ploy well worked by Satheesh, who coaxed me into it by telling me to come over to Coffee Day to help him for “personal reason” (in detail on this reason soon). The venue got changed to Marrybrown in the due time due to some “logistics” problem. The venue didn’t matter to me, so off I came to MB (late as usual) and Satheesh was waiting outside. He had been calling me every 10 mins and telling me to come over quick.

So in we went, and took a couple of seats, and guess who walks in; the full gang with a huge chocolate cake. I don’t know if anyone has ever thrown me a surprise like this one before, but trust me, it felt good. As you can see from the picture, “the icing on the cake was just perfect” :D




There was gift box; nicely wrapped up which was bigger than the cake. We all enjoyed the cake first, and I moved on to the gift. And lo, it was an original Arsenal cap. Buddies, buddies; thanks a lot, anything Arsenal totally wins me over.

The cap fitted well and was baseball style; grey in color, the red Arsenal logo with a tribute to Highbury. “Perfect”, I said.


So after a couple of intoxicating lemon ice teas (this too is LIT) and some burgers we left for the beach.

Soon I was flying off my bike; due to a misunderstanding between Satheesh and me, our bikes almost hit each other and I skidded and slid away.

I was a little dazed and bruised but nothing too bad. There was blood all over but strangely no pain. I guess you never feel pain when it really hurts too much beyond a point. Everything just goes numb. So picked myself up and washed the wound up (anupam meanwhile had got some stuff from the medic).

My poor bike was contorted pretty badly. I had to adjust the front guard to make it mobile again. I also tried to adjust the rearview mirror back in place, only for it to come off in my hand. Hmmpphh..

So I told my friends to go onto the beach and headed home. My Dad was indifferent and that was in fact reassuring. He helped me clean it up and told me move on. So I picked up the broken pieces and got ready. I treated myself to a brand new T-shirt my parents had got the day before and headed to the beach.

Reached my friends soon; and had a good evening out in the beach. Chatted along with some drags; talked about life, MBA, and life again.

I forgot to mention that I fell right in front of a temple, and thought I should go to one in the evening. But it was too late, 9 PM came too soon. But I was able to go to the temple in the morning today right before catching my bus :D.

All this in a day in which I was able to catch up “Age of Empires”, “Red Alert 2 ”, “Sega Rally 2” and a movie “The Fog” at home.




2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger sat said...

lol..was really happy planning it up...well and u dont need to get into the reason that i came up with i guess :)

 
At 1:39 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger sat said...

lol..was really happy planning it up...well and u dont need to get into the reason that i came up with i guess :)A)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home